Valentines Day, a day where we show the people closest to us that we love them. But, suppose you don’t have a significant other with whom to celebrate? No problem. Galentine’s Day is something special. This is a day where you can show your “gals” just how much they mean to you. Even if you do have a significant other, celebrate Galentine’s Day the day before Valentine’s Day so you can get a double dose of love.
Something that is perfect for Galentine’s Day is food. What is a girl’s night without food and wine? Grab some magazines, movies, food and wine and wind down with your friends for the night. There is usually always a problem trying to get a handful of women to agree on what movie to watch and what snacks to eat. Don’t worry; we have you covered with a list of recommended movies and nibbles.
Now, thanks to AllWomensTalk.com, here are some snack ideas. Please, by all means, pick more than just one. Also, all of these snacks go well with wine.
- Fruit and dip. Cut up some strawberries, watermelon, bananas and raspberries and throw it on a platter with dip. The dip is easy to make too. All you have to do is mix together a pack of cream cheese, one container of marshmallow creme and a few drops of vanilla. Get your fruit from Yu’s Produce at the Market at the Fareway.
- Caramel popcorn. Pop some popcorn in the microwave, on your stove or use your popcorn machine that has been hiding in your cabinet. Do you crave the sweet and salty mixture? Drizzle caramel and some chocolate sauce on top and enjoy. Don’t want to make your own? Stop by Nuts to You and avoid the hassle.
- Double fudge brownies and a side of ice cream. You can make a sundae!
- Chips and salsa. You can never go wrong with chips and salsa. Go for a Mexican night and make some margaritas too. Chicko Tako has house made guacamole and nachos to make your life easier!
- Scones. Philading, an all-natural and organic food company that specializes in vegan and gluten free gourmet dishes and treats is located in the Market at the Fareway and they are known for their delicious scones. Stop in and get them fresh for your guests.
- Trail mix. Mix together some nuts, raisins, chocolate and whatever else your little hearts desire. Get fresh gourmet nuts from the 3-time Best Of Philly winners, Nuts to You.
Continue reading for a list of movies that were recommended by LifeHack.org. Attached to the title of the movie, you will find a link leading you to a website such as Amazon, HBOtoGo, xfinity and Netflix. Please note that not all online movies are free.
- Lost in Translation (2003) starring Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. Lost in Translation is a movie about two people traveling to a foreign country and wanting to find a connection.
- When in Rome (2010) starring Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel. When in Rome is a movie about an ambitious girl who steals coins from a famous love fountain in Italy. After stealing the coins, she puts a handful of men under a love spell and she finds herself being chased.
- 50 First Dates (2004) starring Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. 50 First Dates is a movie about a girl with a short-term memory who lives each day over and over again. This movie is filled with laughs and some tears as Adam Sandler continues to show how much he loves her as the days repeat.
- The Tourist (2010) starring Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. The Tourist is a “cat-and-mouse” intellectual movie that will keep you on your feet with the thrills and action.
- This Means War (2012) starring Reese Witherspoon, Chelsea Handler, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy. This Means War is a “spy-vs-spy” movie about a girl who is dating two men who happen to be friends. After they find out, they compete for her heart. Who wins?
- 500 Days of Summer (2009) starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. 500 Days of Summer is a movie about a boy who finds a quirky girl and falls in love but the love is not reciprocated. The movie highlights their relationship and describes modern love.
- Titanic (1997) starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslett. Titanic is a love story about a man stealing a woman from her rich husband-to-be on a ship. I think most people know what happens during the movie, but this is a classic.
- Walk the Line (2005) starring Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix. Walk the Line is a love story about Johnny Cash and June Carter. This film captures their love of one another and it makes everyone want a relationship like theirs.
With this guide to Galentine’s Day, there isn’t a doubt in my mind that you will have a lot of fun with a few of your favorite people.