Market at the Fareway is happy to welcome its newest vendor, Philading. Philading is an all natural and organic local food company that specializes in vegan and gluten free gourmet dishes and treats. Additionally, Philading features hand selected, organic mushrooms from local farms. Bring some home and look what’s for dinner:
Wild Mushroom Sauté
Bon Appétit | May 1999
yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
Sauté de Champignons Sauvages
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 pounds assorted fresh wild mushrooms (such as chanterelles, morels, boletes, portobellos, crimini, oyster and stemmed shiitakes), large mushrooms quartered, medium mushrooms halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Additional fresh Italian parsley
- Finely chop 1/2 cup parsley with 1 garlic clove; set parsley mixture aside.
- Finely chop remaining 2 garlic cloves. Whisk chopped garlic, 4 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl to blend.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add mushroom mixture and sauté until mushrooms are brown and just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Mix in parsley mixture and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to bowl. Garnish with additional fresh parsley and serve.
This would be great over pasta!