- This event has passed.
Oasis Bird-In-Hand Selling CSA Boxes at the MARKET
April 15, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Oasis CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Boxes at the MARKET
Fresh and local Lancaster County, nutrient dense, non GMO, organically grown vegetables.
Sign up now for our Spring 2016 CSA! You will eat veggies that have been freshly harvested, a day or so before you receive them. As Oasis says, “eating with the seasons will bring out the farmer in you; you will need to wait for certain crops to mature, but the succulent and healthy nature of the food will take your appreciation of food to a whole new level”.
- Your vegetables will be organic, non-GMO, and no synthetic chemicals, pesticides or herbicides are used.
- Oasis leaves a smaller carbon footprint on this good earth.
- The vegetables are ripe from the field and will not travel thousands of miles to get to you.
- Oasis farmers use horses to farm
- When you eat local foods, you support the efforts of parents and children working together on small family farms.
- You can expect 10-12 items in your box every week.
- Spring brings items that thrive in cool temperature so expect the crops to be heavy on greens. Oasis farmers are currently planting asparagus, broccoli, swiss chard, garlic scapes, Romaine, bibb and baby mix lettuce, radishes, rhubarb, scallion, peas, snow peas, spinach, and strawberries.
All those looking for the most nutrient dense, healthy, tasty, local, organic produce can sign up for a 25-week Oasis CSA box. The boxes can be picked up at The MARKET weekly. The summer season begins mid-May and runs through October..
Eat the same food that top chefs from around the world (Queen Elizabeth’s, President Obama’s, and Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco) ate in an Amish barn in Lancaster. That food is now delivered to The MARKET in Chestnut Hill.
Visit us at the MARKET on April 15, 16, 23, 29, and May 7 to learn more and to sign up for our CSA.
For more information, visit: http://www.reallivefood.org/farm-share.asp. Click on the “GET STARTED” button to sign up.