Have you heard? There’s a Harry Potter Festival in Chestnut Hill on Saturday, October 22 and the Pub Crawl and Costume Contest are on Friday, October 21. This is the 7th year of the festival, which started as a Quidditch Tournament at Chestnut Hill College. It’s been blasted all over the news this year, just a few articles are included below:
So, what are 20 Things you Need to Know?
- The Pub Crawl is from 7pm-9pm on Friday, October 21 and the participating venues include: Tavern on the Hill, McNally’s Tavern, Iron Hill Brewery, Campbell’s Place, Paris Bistro, Chestnut Grill, El Poquito& The Venetian Club.
- Germantown Avenue will be closed to car traffic from Rex Avenue to Willow Grove Avenue starting at 6am on Saturday, October 22. The festival will run 10 blocks from Rex Avenue to Mermaid Lane.
- The Costume Contest is being held in the MARKET at the FAREWAY at 8:30pm on Friday, October 21 and there will be a DJ. ChickoTako, Poppy’s Café, and Made by ME will be open.
- The Harry Potter Festival is on Saturday, October 22 from 11am-5pm
- The Quidditch Tournament is at Chestnut Hill College from 10am-5pm on Saturday, October 22.
- The Trolley Route: The “Knight Bus” will run from Abington to Mermaid Lane.
- The College Shuttle will pick up at Top of the Hill Plaza, making stops at Woodmere and Chestnut Hill College.
- There will be two stages with various activities, one at Bethlehem Pike and Germantown Avenue intersection and one near Bredenbeck’s Bakery in the 8100 Germantown Avenue block.
- The Sorting Hat Demonstrations will be happening at Platform 9 3/4 near the Chestnut Hill Hotel (Railview Hotel) and MARKET at the FAREWAY from 12pm-4pm.
- At Barry’s Buns, Barry is turning into Harry! They’ll be serving butter beer buns and pumpkin pasties!
- Made by ME will be selling chocolate frogs, chocolate covered pretzel wands with pop rocks, and butter beer truffle pops.
- Neil’s Sharpening Service will be selling wooden wands and Harry Potter magnets!
- Poppy’s Café will be serving BUTTER BEER! They will also be selling t-shirts and sets of Harry Potter-themed Christmas ornaments and they’ll be raffling a life-sized Nimbus 2000.
- Ranck’s Deli will be selling pretzel swords.
- What a Crock Meals Chestnut Hill is turning into Pottage’s Cauldron Shop and will be selling cauldron bread bowls with dip.
- The Chestnut Hill Hotel is turning into the Railview Hotel, where Harry went with the Dursleys to escape the owl mail summoning Harry to Hogwarts.
- Fabulous Faces Face Painting will be painting faces at Platform 9 ¾ in the FAREWAY from 12pm-4pm.
- Irene and Andy Duo will be performing live music at Platform 9 ¾ in the FAREWAY.
- The Tri-Wizard straw maze is at Woodmere Art Museum
- Horcrux Stations will line Germantown Avenue with various activities.
For more information, please visit: https://chestnuthillpa.com/events/harry-potter-festival-2016/